Copyright Policy & End-User Agreement
Trademarks and Copyrights
Paraklesis, Paraklesis Counselling, Paraklesis Online Therapy, Paraklesis Training, Paraklesis E-News, and the Paraklesis logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Paraklesis Counselling.
The contents of the Paraklesis Web site and all Paraklesis lectures, course materials, seminars, and training modules are Copyrighted (Copyright © Paraklesis 2010, 2017) unless otherwise specified.
All Paraklesis Counselling services, products and content thereof is provided with the understanding that it will only be used for the purposes indicated, and that it will not be copied or distributed or disclosed to third parties without the expressed written consent of Mervin & Hildegard van der Spuy.
All Rights Reserved.
All other product names and company logos are the trademarks of their respective owners.
Educational ‘Fair Use’ Guidelines and Limitations
The Paraklesis site uses a username-password protected platform/website for all training courses and educational ‘fair use guidelines’ apply. This is somewhat similar in manner of handling material in the face-to-face classroom. Thus, the material and images used in all Paraklesis lecture notes, slide shows, and presentations are for educational purposes only.
Where possible sources will be cited and hyperlinks provided, but end-users are not allowed to copy and paste any pictures or text from Paraklesis lecture notes or slide shows.
When end-users want to cite primary sources used in the Paraklesis material they have to do so from the original source which can be purchased or obtained from a library.
The end-user is allowed to download certain Paraklesis handouts from the Paraklesis web site for the stated purposes of self-help and training only. Course-lectures cannot be downloaded or duplicated, copied or distributed to third parties.
Links to Other Web Sites
Paraklesis web site and material may include links to web sites operated by government agencies, non-profit organisations, and private businesses.
Paraklesis Counselling is not responsible for the privacy practices or content of external websites.
Paraklesis will screen all hyperlinks from our web site for appropriateness and compatibility with our ethical standards. However, Paraklesis has no control over third parties whose hyperlinks we allow on our site.
Paraklesis clients or visitors who link to any other site do so at their own risk and Paraklesis Counselling will not be responsible or liable for any damages in connection with linking.
General Disclaimer and Liability
Paraklesis Counselling shall not be held responsible for damage or loss of any kind due to clients' use of software and/or any other product or service purchased at Paraklesis.
Our maximum liability to clients is the amount they paid for the services.
Paraklesis Counselling disclaims all responsibility or liability for any damages caused by viruses contained at or within the Paraklesis web site or within any electronic files sent or downloaded from the Paraklesis Counselling site.
For all legal purposes all Paraklesis Counselling and Training Services fall under the legal jurisdiction of the Province of Alberta, Canada and all disputes and actions will be dealt with under the laws applicable in Alberta, Canada.
Mental Healthcare and Medical Care Disclaimer
All linked and posted articles and courses and all Paraklesis published material are intended for educational purposes and/or for people who are in treatment with a medical and/or professional mental health professional.
None of these services are designed to help individuals, couples or families solve mental health problems on their own, self-diagnose, or make decisions about their own mental wellbeing (or the mental wellbeing of somebody else), or make unilateral decisions about the use of medications on their own without the explicit guidance of their family physician or psychiatrist.
All Paraklesis clients must please consult with their family physician or psychiatrist concerning their diagnosis and/or medication, before stopping, starting or changing their medication regimen.
Paraklesis End-User Agreement
The following are the terms and conditions for use of Paraklesis Counselling services and materials, including present and future features offered by Paraklesis.
As an end-user (any individual who registers for any service provided by Paraklesis), you agree to the following statements and stipulations:
- Paraklesis Counselling offers services to individuals who are at least 18 years old or to minors who have parental or guardian consent to open and maintain an account
- Each user is solely responsible for his or her transmissions through Paraklesis Counselling
- As a condition of your use of the Paraklesis services, you affirm that you will not use the services for any purpose that is
unlawful or prohibited by these terms, conditions, and notices
- Paraklesis services are provided to individuals only and for personal use only. Any unauthorized commercial use of the Paraklesis services, or the resale of its services, is expressly prohibited
- By registering with Paraklesis, you agree to be bound by the terms outlined in this end-user agreement. Should the user's
conduct fail to conform to these conditions, Paraklesis reserves the right to immediately, at its sole discretion, terminate its
service without cause or notice
- You agree to comply with all applicable local, provincial/sate, national and international laws and regulations, and to be bound by Internet regulations, policies and procedures
- You also agree not to use Paraklesis Counselling for illegal purposes; not to interfere or disrupt networks connected to this service; and to comply with all the rules, policies and procedures connected to this service
- You will not use the Paraklesis service to send junk e-mail, spam, or chain letters
- You agree not to personally transmit, or allow others to use your address to transmit, through Paraklesis Counselling, any
objectionable material including, but not limited to, unlawful or harassing, libellous, abusive, threatening, harmful, vulgar or obscene material that encourages conduct that could constitute a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability
- You agree not to harvest or otherwise collect information about others, including email addresses, without their consent.
- You will not create a false identity for the purpose of misleading others as to the identity of the sender or the origin of a
- You are entirely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your Paraklesis username and login password
- Paraklesis does not guarantee that its services will be uninterrupted or error-free, that bugs or malfunctions will be corrected, or that the service and its internet service provider are free of harmful components. Paraklesis may make improvements and/or changes to the services at any time without notice
- Paraklesis Counselling does not guarantee that the uses of its services or the materials provided are accurate, without error, or reliable
- Paraklesis reserves the right to review and change this agreement regarding the use of its services at any time and to notify
users by posting an updated version of the agreement on the Paraklesis Web site
- Paraklesis Counselling may terminate your access to the web site services and any related services at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice, effective immediately, for any reason whatsoever.
Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved.
* This Policy has been published August 2010 and reviewed January 2017